Architectural Thinking comes with a list of ten (business- & IT) architecture principles that guide the implementation of solutions.
Here are some examples:
We act in a sustainable manner and as ONE enterprise
- Solutions are built with a company-wide focus rather than in business unit silos.
- Inter-divisional functionalities are implemented in company-wide platforms, not in several isolated applications.
Business goals and value streams drive our application landscape
- We implement the ‘right’ projects – those with business values we believe in.
- We use structured business analysis, business architecture and innovation methods early in the ideation process.
We do not re-invent the wheel
- We check whether existing applications can be re-used before implementing new ones.
- We look for standard solutions before we implement individual solutions.