Last fall Tom Graves interviewed me @Intersection Conference in Lisbon. A great opportunity to talk about our vision.
Some statements I made:
- We want to open the concept of architecture and bring it out of its IT ivory tower
- It must be opened to many business disciplines
- Today, with digital transformation business & IT are about to merge, as a consequence the concept of architecture needs to shift from IT to the business side.
- The architectural work must be done by business people
- That means that we must create it in a simpler, more useable way. User experience is very important.
- Let’s make it as simple as an iPhone and make it available for many roles that should start “architectural thinking”, a shift in mindset.
- We want business people to start feeling accountable for the architecture of the enterprise, it’s no longer possible to blame IT that architecture is not ok.